Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Acclivity Chalk Mural 3 of 3: Core Values Wall


When I was initially approached about the Acclivity project, we were only thinking of doing one board (the Welcome wall) and hadn't yet decided what to fill it with.  I started poking around their website to get a feel for what they were all about and came across their Core Values. That's when I became sure that they were first of all, cool, and second of all, a great company to work with as well as for.  

Their number one value states that “We are what our customers say we are” and that is obviously at the heart of their work. But values like “Be Yourself” and “Wash your Dish” give such insight into the way the team works as the sum of its highly-valued parts. I immediately thought it would make for an interesting board so was so excited when Scott brought it up later, as we got deeper into the project.




I kept the header in the theme of the other boards, and challenged myself to come up with unique layouts for each of the ten values. I initially wanted to keep the marquee bulbs around each of the tiles but I decided it might distract from the header and typography (also I realized it would take five thousand hours to make all those little circles).